Raptors Baseball Core Values
INTEGRITY - Knowing and doing what is right, even if no one is looking
- BE COMMITTED: Set high standards for your behavior and stick to them even in difficult situations.
- BE COURAGEOUS: Stand up for what you believe is just and good.
- BE HONEST: Choose words and actions that are sincere, not misleading.
- BE DISCIPLINED: Remain dedicated and self-controlled, even when challenged.
- BE RESILIENT: Learn from mistakes and losses; seize the opportunity to improve.
RESPECT - Treat others the way you wish to be treated
- BE ACCEPTING: Support everyone's worth and dignity, regardless of background, abilities or beliefs.
- BE CONSIDERATE: Always be aware of and honor others' rights and feelings.
- BE ATTENTIVE: Be ready to learn from everyone including coaches, officials, players, opponents and other contestants.
- BE ENCOURAGING: Demonstrate concern for the growth and development of all athletes.
- BE APPRECIATIVE: Value the guidance of supportive parents and coaches.
RESPONSIBILITY – Embrace opportunities to contribute
- BE HELPFUL: Understand and advance the team's goals.
- BE CONSCIENTIOUS: Be aware and thoughtful of the choices you make.
- BE ACCOUNTABLE: Accept that your actions impact everyone around you.
- BE PERSEVERING: Work through difficulty and discouragement in pursuit of individual and team objectives.
- BE RELIABLE: Prove that others can depend on you.
SPORTSMANSHIP – Bring your best to all competition
- BE COOPERATIVE: Join teammates, opponents, coaches and officials in mutual quest for excellence.
- BE FAIR: Compete skillfully, guided by the letter and spirit of the rules.
- BE GRACIOUS: Savor the challenge of a tough competitor and meet it with your finest performance, win or lose.
- BE HONORABLE: Respect the game and everyone's contributions.
- BE HUMBLE: Take success in stride - share the credit.
LEADERSHIP – Inspire passion and motivation to others
- BE EMPOWERING: Inspire and help others to grow, succeed and lead.
- BE VISIONARY: Raise expectations for yourself and the team.
- BE INTERCONNECTED: Recognize the vital link between individual effort and group achievement.
- BE GENEROUS: Freely contribute hard work and support to reach the team's goals.
- BE ENERGETIC: Initiate action - do what needs to be done.
Violations or Misrepresentations of the Raptors Baseball Core Values may result in, but are not limited to:
All suspensions and expulsions will be made at the Raptors Athletics Executive Board level.