ABOUT RAPTORS ATHLETICS BASEBALL
Raptors Athletics Baseball is a division of Raptors Athletics. We are a non-profit, multi-sport club that serves Castle Rock and surrounding areas as part of a territory within the Arapahoe Youth League (AYL).
The Raptors baseball program was created for athletes between the ages of 5 and 14 who are looking to have their baseball skills further challenged and to grow within the sport at a higher competitive level. We work closely with our coaches, parents, and athletes to set goals and to grow within the program. We take great pride in our program and strive to continually find ways to enhance and strengthen our athletes and the game of baseball.
Our leadership team within Raptors Athletics Baseball is comprised of a group of passionate individuals who volunteer their time and experience and who share the same commitment to building a strong baseball program within the community. It is through this foundation that we carry the experience and care necessary to create, sustain, and continue building season after season for an optimal coach, parent, and athlete experience. Thank you for being a part of our program.
RAPTORS ATHLETICS MISSION STATEMENT
Raptors Athletics aspires to be an outstanding educational-athletic organization that provides a high-quality experience to every youth athlete. Our programs encourages youth development by providing opportunities for personal and athletic growth. Raptors Athletics promotes sportsmanship, self-esteem, and the development of life skills through engaging youth in sports while providing a safe, healthy, positive environment where the youth of our community can learn the fundamentals of the sports they participate in.
We recognize that our leadership and team coaches are the people who most directly make this all possible. It is our goal to provide every coach with the tools to succeed as a Coach for their team. We are committed to creating a positive culture, in which coaches, parents, fans, officials and athletes work together to achieve our mission.
RAPTORS ATHLETICS BASEBALL CORE VALUES
Strive for Excellence - Encourage each player to always do their best as he/she learns to master the fundamentals of both their athletic and life skills.
Recognize Every Victory - Big or small, there are victories in every event that should be recognized.
Develop Leaders - The goal is not just to develop good athletes, but also good leaders. Our youth athletes will not be playing sports all of their lives, but they can be lifelong influencers.
Teamwork - Developing strong relationships, respecting others, and showing sincere care to everyone around you will take you a long way in life. This is something all of our teams will embrace.
Perseverance - Never give up and don't be afraid to make mistakes. Anything is possible through hard work and perseverance.
Positive Attitude - Strive to have a positive attitude in practice, games, and all aspects of our lives.
RAPTORS ATHLETICS BASEBALL CODE OF CONDUCT
1. I will remember that I am at a contest to support my team and to enjoy the skill and competition; not to intimidate or ridicule the other team and their fans, officials, or coaches from your own team.
2. I will encourage the athletes to play with integrity and by the rules. Remember that children learn best by example, so applaud the good plays of both teams.
3. I will show a positive attitude toward the game and all of the participants, not just those on our team.
4. I understand that profanity, swearing and abusive language will not be tolerated at any event or in any communication with coaches, umpires, or officials.
5. I will emphasize Sportsmanship through verbal and physical behavior.
6. I will not embarrass any athletes by yelling at the umpire for what I think is a bad call. I am also not allowed to question or hassle an umpire during or after a game. I will allow the coaches to handle all officiating matters. Remember you are a role model for your children, display good sportsmanship.
7. I will support the officials on and off the field. This approach will help in the development and support of the game. I will also report any officials and provide feedback to my AYL delegate if there are issues that arise during a game.
8. I will applaud a good effort in both victory and defeat, and enforce the positive points of the game.
9. I will not coach my child from the sidelines during practices or games. Allow the coach to do his/her job. I will recognize the importance of coaches. They are important to the development of athletes and the sport.
10. I will be a positive role model during and after all practices and games. I will remember, participating in athletics and being a fan in the stands is a privilege, not a right.
11. I will not engage in any physical altercations at a game or practice. I realize if I were to get in a physical altercation, that I will no longer be allowed to attend AYL and Raptors sanctioned events.
12. I understand that if I am ejected from a game, even as a fan/parent/assistant coach, that my team’s head coach is also ejected. If I am ejected due to my own actions, it will result in a minimum Three (3) league games suspension played by that team. Upon being suspended, I may not attend or be on the premises during the entire duration of the games played.
13. Parents wishing to confront a coach about a coaching decision must wait 24 hours after a game or practice. This allows time for emotions to calm down. If you cannot resolve the issue with the coach you may contact the Director of Baseball. You are expected to make these contacts at reasonable hours (9am to 9pm) unless other arrangements are made.
Violation of any statement within the Code of Conduct, misrepresentation of the Raptors Athletics Mission Statement or Core Values will result in a verbal or written warning, possible ejection, suspension, and up to removal from the Raptors Athletics Baseball program.